Thursday, March 18, 2010

Whole Cloth from February

At our March meeting I was amazed at how great the whole cloth samples are turning out (that people brought to show.....post yours if you didn't bring it.)

Ruth and Liz are tied for ambition. Liz plans to dye her stars to work with her baby quilt/wall hanging project. I have all the supplies, but it will have to be on a kid free day if all of you want to try it. :) Ruth chose the tiniest design with the most motifs. Looking forward to seeing it when it is finished. (And then we will have to have a binding class I guess, eh?)

I think Nicole F (I feel like I am back in grade school, but with more than one Nicole what are we to do? hehehe) has a future in the soothing art of hand quilting. Not that I am surprised that Nicole can produce perfectly even, amazing stitches....
And Amber gets the prize for most enthusiastic as she both completed her chosen design AND requested additional fabric/batting so she could do more!?!? I am glad that everyone seemed to either enjoy the whole cloth adventures, or at least see the point. (Yes, yes I know some of you have decided to be machine quilters based on your experiences last month, but knowing that is useful too.)

Watch this space for more amazing things to come! k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cursed Quilt Group actually meets in person, but we would love to have you quilt along in our online community. Please keep it friendly and supportive...many of us are beginners.