Friday, March 26, 2010

Prize for the "March Challenge"

We didn't get a chance to vote on the wall hangings for the March Challenge largely because many people were still working on them.  That was fine by me (as issuer of the challenge) since so many people were excited to be trying it, especially those who have little experience but a great desire to try. :) Also, I wasn't finished with the prize! heh.

So here it is.  After the April Meeting, we will post individual pictures of each finished wall hanging.  The voting will be by "comment" meaning that the one with the most comments will receive the tote bag.  You should recognize the block pocket on the front of the bag: this is the sample I made for our first ever activity.  If you want to do this with your own block (on a purchased plain tote bag) check on my personal blog for the tutorial.  (You can find a link to my blog in the "Places We like to Go" but it does make me wonder why no one has added any of their own links, whether personal blogs or resources they like....sigh!)  I will edit on a link to the instructions when I have done them.  (I didn't take pics, but it is pretty easy.)

I found a place in Dongdaemun with tote bags....the guy had "unbleached" which is a sort of off-white but is 100% cotton so can be dyed, and these black ones (which are not 100% cotton, but since my block was black.....)

So I hope everyone is busy doing something that makes them happy today.  I am. k.

3 comments:

  1. cute! when did you find time to do that? crazy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darsha, this is just the sample of the block we did for the first class. The only "new" is the loops and that I put it on the bag (well and the piping I guess. hehehe) k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm...I want the bag. kkk Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

The Cursed Quilt Group actually meets in person, but we would love to have you quilt along in our online community. Please keep it friendly and supportive...many of us are beginners.