Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Box is on its WAY!

As of yesterday, the box with our completed wall hangings is on its way to the Humanitarian Aid Center and from there to Orphanages around the world.  I am very proud of the number and quality of the products we have been able to make.  I know they will be enjoyed for their bright colors and beautiful designs and that the children seeing them will feel a whisper that God loves them.

If you have additional projects you would like to donate to this cause, I will still send them.  I just wanted to get this group on its way.  (I know I have a few more projects that I would like to make and send...)

The Challenge for this month was issued by Ruth to make 12 inch blocks (with the base fabrics of her choice...I have an extra packet if you didn't get one. :)  These blocks will eventually be put in to a Quilt top and sent to "Quilts of Valor" for individuals who have been injured serving in the armed forces.  We have a local quilt organization (Yongsan Quilters) who do a lot of donations with this organization.  They also do lots of quilts for the ladies who have to stay at the Stork's Nest when they have their babies.  If you want to help out with their charitable giving as well, let me know.  I have contact information for them.

They also are the group that has access to the longarm quilting machine here at Yongsan.  I will update you as we get more information on what services are available.  I hope to see it in action Friday.

I hope everyone is having a great week and finding joy in whatever it is they endeavor. k.
P.S.  Isn't anyone else going to post?  You don't have to make it fancy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cursed Quilt Group actually meets in person, but we would love to have you quilt along in our online community. Please keep it friendly and supportive...many of us are beginners.