Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm done

My last post was about not finishing things, so this post will be about finishing things. Que the epic music.....I FINISHED MY QUILT!!! Question: What is mind-numbingly boring and extremely exciting at the same time? Answer: hand stitching the binding to a quilt. But I did it, and the crazy thing is, I want to make another one:) So, here is the finished product.





It wasn't on my bed in time for winter like I had wanted, but I'm still very happy to have it done. I have a brown bedskirt that will look nice with this and cover up the boxspring. Throw pillows?-I put them on there to take the picture, but.....eh. I'm not a huge fan of the backing I used, but I LOVE the little daisy print I found for the binding.


The only drawback was that I didn't find it sooner - I would have loved to incorporate it into the quilt blocks, and I probably would have used it for the backing as well. But I did make some pillow cases to match.


Another thing I finished today was a couple of Christmas pot holders. Remember when we cut out the pieces with the kids? Cora sewed the top of the left one, and I did the right one and then finished them both.


And finally, a while back I finished and framed our very first hand-stitching project.


It is now hanging in my sewing room:)


Next up - Korean Friendship Quilt?

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! So much productivity....it must be Spring. Now if only I could get myself going. ;) k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. I love how the quilt turned out and your wall hangings. Could you send some of that sewing energy my way? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cherry blossoms. It looks so good, great job. It looks hard. I wish i was there to see you do it.

    ReplyDelete

The Cursed Quilt Group actually meets in person, but we would love to have you quilt along in our online community. Please keep it friendly and supportive...many of us are beginners.