Friday, August 12, 2011

Making a continuous binding


I was trying to find a technique to show everyone at our meeting and found this. There is a second part, which I will post next. It is fairly simple and straight forward. I have been thinking about my Korean quilt - how to lay it out, sash is, and bind it. I have never made bias tape/binding before and wanted to learn how. I used a piece of material, that after being sewn together was 22 inches square. After cutting it out and measuring it, it was 7.5 yards of bias tape. It's hard to believe that 44 square inches of material will make that much bias tape, but it does! It only took me about 45 minutes to make it, and that was with having to rewind the tutorial to make sure I was doing it right. So if you read this before Monday and want to try it with me, just bring your material already sewn together into a square or rectangle.

1 comment:

  1. They say you could do a rectangle...I am assuming they mean the finished folded shape. If you do that, I don't think it will be on the true bias. I think you need to stick with a square. k.

    ReplyDelete

The Cursed Quilt Group actually meets in person, but we would love to have you quilt along in our online community. Please keep it friendly and supportive...many of us are beginners.